Bath Time Parenting Hack
It’s also the perfect time for messy, sticky snacks, saving your furniture and children from disaster. No need for clean-up because the kids are already in the bath. Having an afternoon bath lined up is an easy way to say yes to messy crafts like finger painting as well.
Possibly the best reason to fill up the tub is it kills endless afternoons and saves time at night for more family time. So, get that bath in early, snuggle up on the couch with your jammies and have a family movie or game night. Win, win!
Study Shows Teens Feeling Less Anxiety During Lockdown
- A new study of over 1,000 students found that many young teens are feeling less anxiety, not more, during remote learning due to the pandemic.
- The study found that 54 percent of 13- to 14-year-old girls were at risk of anxiety prior to the pandemic, but that figure dropped by 10 percent during lockdown.
- That figure dropped from 26 percent to 18 percent for boys in the same age group as well.
- Many students also reported feeling a greater connection to their schools with increased opportunities to talk with their teachers.
Heart Disease Top Cause of Death in Women
The American Heart Association found that despite the risk, many women are unaware of the signs of heart attack and stroke or the risk heart disease poses. While chest discomfort is common, they may experience other symptoms that are less associated with heart attacks including dizziness, shortness of breath, or nausea. Know the signs, because they can be different in women.
Other symptoms can include:
- pain or discomfort in the back, jaw, stomach or both arms
- breaking out into a cold sweat
- shortness of breath with or without chest pain
- chest pain